Monday, August 3, 2009

The fine art of avoiding vomiting


I have been learning a lot about the art of anti-nausea over the last five days. On Thursday I ran out of the anti-nausea drug zofran and had to switch to Maxolon instead. Up until now I have been lucky enough to not have any vomiting problems. But Friday's visit to the radiation clinic was another story and taugh me a new lesson. While waiting in the waiting room I started to feel extremely unwell and while sitting there I was planning my emergency escape route if I needed a hurl. And sure enough, next thing I know I was sprinting for the front door then the garden. After suffering all weekend I finally got to talk to my oncologist this morning and he suggested I see my GP about getting a prescription for some more Zofran. After a very queasy morning, and a lot of help from Cheryl (she's an angel!) we finally got hold of the Zofran and the change was miraculous! Just one tablet and suddenly the nausea all went away! I don't know what it is about that drug but it sure works better than Maxolon for me...

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got more Zofran and the vomiting is back to being controlled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie - sometimes you are too informative! (Does Zofran work for alcohol induced poisoning?) Have entered you in the Bridge to Brisbane - hope that was all right with you :-). I figure this year is my best chance to beat you. Ian S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ian,
    I'm willing to try most things in the name of science but I'll pass on alcohol testing for now thanks. I guess I could try for a PW (personal worst) in the B to B, see you at the start line.;)
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete