Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2007 - Cycling (click photos to enlarge)







Nearing the end of the 2007 Noosa Enduro



















1,000 cyclists start the 2007 Miles to Maloolaba ride.







One great outcome from my operation in November 2006 was that I could not drive for some nine months until everything stabilised. This led me to start cycling to work and before long my good mates Gary and Michael were pressuring me to join their latest craze - Mountain Biking! Well I went and bought a mountain bike and got into it. Soon a new goal and challange emerged, The Noosa Enduro a 100km mountain bike event. See http://www.usmevents.com.au/enduro/index.html

The event was held in July and I managed to finish the course in 7 hrs. It was the longest endurance event I have ever done.

Later in the year Cheryl joined me and 1,000 other riders for an annual week-long cycling event run by Cycling Queensland. It was the Miles to Maloolaba bike ride over a distance of 540km. Even though Cheryl had not been doing much cycling I thought she would be okay if we stuck to a steady pace, and to her credit she did manage to complete the whole journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment