Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2006 (click photos to enlarge)

It was a great year which started out in Cusco Peru! Cheryl and I took four months long service leave and headed off to South America for our big adventure together. (See the left column of this blog for a link to our S.A. travel blog.)








Dinner with our host family in Cusco, Peru.


















Trekking in Patagonia with Cheryl.













Cheryl and Barry on a walk at Mt Cordeaux.















Michael on Acapulco Gold at Mt Arapiles, Victoria.














Climbing the iconic Agamemnon at Mt Arapiles, Victoria











The year did finish with a surprise. About a week after my return from a climbing trip to Mt Arapiles, Victoria I had a seizure in my sleep. A follow up MRI scan revealed that my oligo had returned as big as ever and below the position it was in 1993. A second craniotomy soon sorted things out, although I must be getting a bit old because it took a three whole months to fully recover from the operation and regain my fitness.

As always, my work colleagues were terrific support for me. Many of them visited me in hospital and they sent me the beautiful card below.



Get Well card from the beautiful people I work with at Griffith University.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete