Friday, May 19, 2017

Return to Flinders Peak

All photos by Kev McCloskey - click on photos to enlarge

Making our way up Flinders Peak

Kev in foreground and me behind
An interesting little section that required some scrambling skills
Reaching the Summit



I recently returned to Flinders Peak for a day-walk in the bush with good mate Kev McCloskey and a couple of other friends of Kev. This was the first walk I did after my last operation in 2009 and featured in an older post on this blog in 2009 titled Flinders Peak - First mountain since surgery…

I must say that I felt pretty sluggish up and down the steep sections and getting over the rocks. Whether that’s due to old age, lack of fitness, the extra 8Kg I’m carrying on my belly, or all of the above I’m not sure. It’s probably the latter. Anyway, it was still great to get outdoors and push myself a bit harder than normal with good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment