Wednesday, May 11, 2016

And the MRI reveals…..NOT MUCH

















Today I had an MRI scan of the brain which was originally scheduled for my regular monitoring to make sure there is no recurrence of my benign Brain tumour.

This opportunity was also being used to look for any neurological abnormalities which might explain why the left side of my face has numbed up in the last couple of weeks. (see my previous post for details)

When my neurosurgeon, Dr David Walker examined the images he found:

a) no sign of recurrence in the area of the previous surgery. Yippee - That means that I have now been tumour-free for seven years!!!

b) no sign of anything in the area of the Trigeminal nerve (the nerve responsible for sensation in the face) which might explain my mouth and face numbness.

c) There was a faint artefact on the image in an “inoperable area of the brain stem” which Dr Walker noticed but he will have to consult with the radiologist to decide if it is significant or not.

Regardless of the outcome of point c, he has scheduled a followup MRI and consultation with him in six weeks time.

3 comments:

  1. Everything will be alright, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing very useful & informative article.
    For web design & development service contact Multisoft digital technologies, We have Digital Marketing in Chamarajanagar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Provided useful information
    Visit our website for best astrological services contact. Best Astrologer In Jigani

    ReplyDelete